Akhand Pratap Singh
Akhand Pratap Singh is Uttar Pradesh cadre IAS officer who has been termed as the most corrupt officer in a poll conducted by IAS officers in Uttar Pradesh. He was appointed as the Chief Secretary of Uttar Pradesh by Mulayam Singh Yadav. But he was forced to step down after a PIL was registered in Supreme court challenging his appointment. He was arrested by the CBI in 26 September 2007 in a disproportionate assets case
* In Lucknow, CBI unearthed four residential plots and another built-up house in Gomti Nagar that was completed in 2003 besides the known six houses and a floriculture farm.
* Another three-hectare plot in Bakshi-Ka-Talab area near his floriculture farm worth almost Rs 21 lakh also came up.
* Singh got a space booked in Eldeco Magnum Plaza in Lucknow in 2003 at a total advance payment of nearly Rs 38.5 lakh
* Singh owns two flats in Ansal Plaza, HUDCO Place, at Rs 67 lakh that he acquired on the same date of November 1, 2000.
* Plus, he owns four flats in a row in Orchid Square, Sushant Lok, in Gurgaon.
* Singh is owner of two shops (112/A-1, 112/A-2) in Ansal Trade Square, Vaishali, in Ghaziabad.
* Another property was found in Kalkaji while two plots were found in Singh’s name at Mehrauli village.
* This is in addition to two flats in Vasant Vihar and a farmhouse in Vasant Kunj.
* An agreement of Singh, dated September 1, 2004, with a company for construction of the building for an international fully-residential educational facility in Bhimtal in Nainital at Rs 3.25 crore. Rs 30 lakhs has already been paid to the company through cheques
* The empire in Nainital now stands: three farmhouses, a bungalow, a guesthouse and at least four huge plots. Four plots totalling nearly 50 acre have been detected in Bhirva village in Bahraich.
* Owns a fleet of at least 13 vehicles including a Skoda Activa, GM Opel Astra, an imported Isuzu car, two Telco Tata 407.
* CBI has recovered Rs 36.5 lakh in cash, another Rs 38 lakh in bank accounts, Rs 8.5 lakh in Indira Vikas Patras and shares/debentures besides Rs 17.5 lakh-worth jewellery belonging to Singh and his family.
Wealth in name of family
Documents indicating the personal net worth of Singh, his wife and two daughters at Rs 407.10 lakh as in December, 2004, have been found which were submitted for applying for a loan of Rs 13.63 crore from Allahabad Bank in Hazratganj, Lucknow.
Visit www.ekakizunj.com/Akhand_Pratap_Singh for updates on this person. View the most corrupt of India in www.ekakizunj.com. Join the fight against corruption and crime.